There’s no getting around the change of seasons in Houston, it’s something we all have to adjust for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the front of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the best time to think about annual furnace service as well, but maybe not in the way that you had previously thought.
Energy savings comes in a number shapes and forms, like:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners strictly associate furnace service with changing out filters, but having a tune-up done can help your system run more smoothly, providing you with efficient comfort that may help you save on your monthly heating costs.
- Take It Down A Notch. Altering the temperature on your thermostat even a handful of degrees could help you save consistently during the year. It’s pretty obvious, but when your system doesn’t have to run as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy bills.
- Filters. Another quick fix that most every homeowner can take care of on their own, switching furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more smoothly, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s easy to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to utilize caulk and weatherstripping to close those annoying holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Marcos AC & Heating technician stops by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are an upgrade. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping decrease your monthly energy bills.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list the end-all be-all, but there are a few basic ways to help boost your comfort when the temperatures go down in Houston. Whether you’re calling to schedule annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is ideal for your system, give the experts at Marcos AC & Heating a call at 713-469-3357 to start saving a little more today.