Summer is here! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To optimize your comfort and truly relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Houston is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Marcos AC & Heating always recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning this season.
- First, another chance to recall the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter routinely! Replace it per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold season. Turning on your air conditioner before removing the cover can severely damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s operations. cut the grass, remove any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you run it this summer. be mindful to check the area at least monthly to keep it open and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where it should and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These easy steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If it’s time to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Marcos AC & Heating in Houston at 713-469-3357 today.