Before you begin filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, be sure to schedule time to have your air conditioner looked at by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not seem like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people wouldn’t argue that the summer months in Houston are not the greatest time for an air conditioner to stop working. Scheduling air conditioner service will help you be more proactive and our expert technicians can look for any red flags that signal trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups pinpoint areas of concern, but it also increases the efficiency of your air conditioner. Air conditioners are investments that you should continually check on and maintain to make sure you are receiving the optimal benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the greatest performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable living area is the main goal, but a properly running air conditioner also lowers the cost of your energy bills and lengthens the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at the very least every three months, so the technician will take a look at the cleanliness of your filter. Dirty filters force your air conditioner to work harder and can also lower the quality of the air in your house.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are certainly not good things when talking about refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause additional stress on your system and too much will impact how efficiently your air conditioner cools your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are a lot of moving parts that are included in an air conditioner and when these become loose it increases the possibility of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can gather on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can harm efficiency and increase the amount of energy used.
The experts from Marcos AC & Heating in Houston can provide a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, while answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your indoor comfort. Give them a call at 713-469-3357 and make sure your home stays cool this summer.