Having regular air conditioning service done at least annually can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at peak efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Houston summertime, have the professionals at Marcos AC & Heating perform your annual air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be done during a proper air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Look for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if needed, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, recover any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, as opposed to illegally releasing it to the air.
- Check for efficient airflow in the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Check the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters regularly is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that simple can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to run at top efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it habitually. We suggest looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will bank on individual influences in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Marcos AC & Heating today at 713-469-3357.