During the cold Houston months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it does, a simple call to Marcos AC & Heating will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got a few signs you should look for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Marcos AC & Heating as soon as possible if you observe any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is not the right size for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your energy bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Marcos AC & Heating can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, call us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Marcos AC & Heating at 713-469-3357 or schedule an appointment with us online.