In Houston you depend on your furnace
to keep you comfortable throughout the colder months. If it’s been a while since you had a routine maintenance appointment for your f
urnace, you could be preparing for furnace service
visit sooner rather than later. At the very least, you probably have a dirty air filter, which can block air flow and effect your furnace’s performance. It could even create trouble with your furnace’s threshold switch, which works furnace operation.
There are a lot of other reasons you may need a furnace repair. We’ve collected some indicators for you to search for. The sooner you can call for a heat pump service, the better. Call in an expert, like Marcos AC & Heating, if you notice any of these indicators:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it running enough? Is it working all the time? Is the air blowing through as liberally as it should, or does it seem feeble? Indications related to your blower could signify a bit of a problem with your air filter or the interior blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you ramping up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cold? This could be a issue with your thermostat. It might be that your furnace is too small for your home. It may even be a problem with your gas source or your pilot light, among other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts operating loudly or producing noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be an issue.
- You smell gas. You absolutely don’t want to mess around with this one. If you smell gas, cut off your furnace right away and cut off its gas supply. Stay clear from lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company looks at it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Usually this is a blocked condensation line. This could require both plumbing and HVAC professionals to repair.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is climbing, but your usage is not, there could be a series of issues. Your HVAC professional will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these signs, you’ll know when you need to setup furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Marcos AC & Heating at 713-469-3357 when you need to arrange repairs or routine maintenance.