As spring starts, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Houston? Even if your AC system is up-to-date or was working good last year.
Here’s one method to think about it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never anticipate to book any work for it, such as getting new oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s a piece of equipment that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a car, it can end up with leaks and its moving components can wear out.
Having your system inspected annually by a Marcos AC & Heating tech can help locate little issues before they turn into large malfunctions. (And cause your air conditioning to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your AC is installed outside, it’s more inclined to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly lower your unit’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a pro to service delicate internal components.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that build up in your system can push it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these problems can create increased energy consumption—and a bigger energy bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and could even help it run for a greater period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly electricity expenses and over the long run, as you won’t have to install new equipment as quickly.
- It helps determine minor issues before they turn into big, pricey troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will keenly inspect parts and complete a set of AC performance verifications. These all-inclusive processes often allow us to locate problems before they create extensive issues that lead to a pricey repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free operation throughout the season. After your unit is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is set to give worry-free comfort. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the wisest ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers require seasonal maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this tune-up, your unit is open to early meltdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC tune-up should involve an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll examine the following areas and parts:
- Complete equipment condition
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the jobs we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Grease moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Service Today with Marcos AC & Heating
Now is the greatest time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Marcos AC & Heating pros a ring at 713-469-3357 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we arrive at your house, don’t forget to check our discount offers for savings on your upcoming maintenance.