With warmer weather close by, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at peak efficiency, it can save a big amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could dramatically heighten your expenses and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Marcos AC & Heating expert do air conditioning service
at least yearly is crucial to keeping your system running efficiently for a while. He or she can be sure the unit is working properly and can identify looming problems before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your skilled air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during cooler months. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could harm your system and leave you needing major repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area around your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they might interfere with airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any aspect of it.
During the year:
- While your filters could be cleaned or swapped out during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them each month and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has different needs when it comes to air filter replacement, relying on factors like owning house pets or having home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also be sure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you maintain a comfortable home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to ensure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer offers. Give the team at Marcos AC & Heating a call at 713-469-3357.